You can help us to Make 2nds Count!
We are a patient and family focused charity dedicated to giving hope to women and men living with secondary breast cancer. It would be impossible for us to continue achieving our goals without our dedicated and passionate team of employees, board members and volunteers!
No day is the same here at Make 2nds Count, if you are forward thinking and committed to helping to raise awareness of incurable secondary breast cancer then we would love to hear from you!
We offer a variety of paid job roles and volunteer opportunities.
Marketing and Communications Officer
Title: Marketing and Communications Officer
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 (per annum, depending on experience)
Hours: 28 - 35 hours (Full time hours are 35 Hours per week)
Annual Leave: 25 days holiday plus 10 public holidays (per annum)
Location: Home Based
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Marketing and Communications Officer with experience of working on effective, creative and inspiring marketing and communications plans, from inception to conclusion.
To succeed in this you must have significant knowledge of developing, using and managing a range of communication channels and platforms, brand development and marketing, and a sound understanding of stakeholder development. You must also have specific experience managing complex projects or directing a communication project with different stakeholders while taking an audience-first approach. In addition, you should be skilled at managing stakeholders and comfortable working with colleagues to map and manage interaction with key stakeholders to further our work.
The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and driving forward a range of high-quality marketing and communications campaigns and projects, based on user research and customer insight.
You will be an excellent communicator in both oral and written communications. You will be involved in all marketing disciplines - advertising, PR and social media, digital, strategic planning, evaluation and analysis, stakeholder and partner management, media planning and buying, partnership and field marketing.
In particular, you will have strong skills in writing engaging copy to connect with different audiences and take responsibility for ensuring that our communications are meaningful, appropriate, effective and inclusive.
Duties and responsibilities
Ensure quality control of communications and marketing and promotional activities:
- Responsible for overseeing all copywriting and proofreading across the various departments within the organisation
- Develop high quality print and digital materials to support a range of fundraising and awareness-building campaigns
Audience Development and Support:
- You will ensure that marketing and communications follows an audience-first approach and that all members of the organisation understand the audience segments and priorities
- Lead the organisation’s work across all marketing disciplines: advertising, PR and social media, digital, strategic planning, evaluation and analysis, stakeholder and partner management, media planning and buying, partnership and field marketing
- Work with the Head of Operations to develop brand strategy, including the monitoring of brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition of our brand
- You will ensure that the brand identity is clear and supported across all channels
- You will ensure our key massaging and tone of voice is consistent across all channels
- Manage and work alongside current external communications agencies, including PR, social media and video/design
- You will ensure that all platforms and channels are maximized for optimal effectiveness to support the strategic priorities
- Ability to investigate, analyse and contextualise complex issues, identify key points to be addressed and develop effective, practical and simple plans to resolve problems
Full Job description and Personal Profile can be viewed HERE
How to apply
- Please apply online
- Closing date is Monday 4 December.
- Interviews will be held on Monday 11 December and we will contact all applicants as soon as possible after shortlisting for interview
- Please note your covering letter will be key to the success of your application
- We are a disability confident committed employer, please contact us if you would like to ask about our recruitment policy
For more information, please contact Emma Hall on email@example.com or 0131 357 4811.
To fund secondary breast cancer research that contributes to advancing an increased quality of life for patients.
To inform & facilitate access to patient trials.
To establish a community that supports and educates patients & families affected by secondary breast cancer.
To increase overall awareness of secondary breast cancer.